Board Meeting – Thursday, August 11th, 2016
Wyngate Commons HOA Board Meeting
Thursday, August 11th, 2016
Attending: Shon Allen, Jim Westbrook, Jason Sweat, Lynne Williams
Excused: Bruce Lyman, Brad Shepherd and Angi Brown
Meeting called to order at 7pm
Topics of discussion:
1. Ballots for the CC&R proposed changes:
Currently, we have 47 yes votes, plus 2 that we need to get clarification on. We have enough for the proposed changes to take effect but we are hoping to get a few extra to have “cushion” in the rare event any get disqualified.
2. Another water heater broke and flooded a residence. This is the second one in 4 months to cause substantial damage. Wyngate HOA insurance has a $5000 deductible (formerly $1000) so all homeowners should be carrying their own H06 insurance to cover the difference. Water heaters typically last 10 years on the average and this is the age of our heaters. Should we send out an e-blast to notify our homeowners of this? Probably, even though only 55% of the residence opened the last e-blast (notification of the street sealing).
3. Landscape review comes up in October. Summerhays, our current landscaper, will “think about” putting in another bid for next year. We will solicit for 3 bids (Minimum) to be considered.
4. Irrigation water is now deemed safe but possible restrictions are looming. We get our irrigation water from Utah Lake and they have had problems (algae, drought). We are considering the possibility of not replacing certain plants that have not done well in the drought and xeriscaping instead.
5. HOA dues collection practices:
The Board is obligated to collect HOA fees and possibly charge late fees. Everyone needs to pay their fair share. Depending on the circumstances, we reserve the right to waive the late fees.
There is a business (www.Cantastic.biz) that sanitizes garbage cans. Should we contact them to see what type of a deal they could offer us? Is there interest in it? Should we do it once as a community service? This will be discussed at the next meeting.
Next meeting is September 8th, 6:30pm at Shon’s house.
Meeting adjourned 8:20pm